21.5.13

----- NYC Thirteen -----

This year's New York trip marked my first return to the city when it wasn't covered in snow or requiring me to put my winter gear on, and boy it surely was nice; however rain did shower us generously. Nothing is more synonymous with the Big Apple than shopping, walking and eating. I walked till I limped on my second day; not sure if I really shopped, just really bought; went to the ones on my list, pop into spontaneous ones and called it a day. From staying in the Upper East Side to exploring the tip of Brooklyn to checking out street fairs, this trip was cool and relaxing as a cucumber on your eye. The picture below marks the most interesting purchases (sigh I spent so much).

  1. Uniqlo always carry good graphic tee shirts, just not for women, in my opinion. I shopped at the Men Section and purchased the Jean Michel Basquiat Tee.
  2. Pikolinos Pop Up store in Meat Packing District, where they lured me in for a free bracelet and mysteriously I came out with a pair of sandals. Pikolinos: The Maasai Collection is a sustainable project where the Maasai tribal women in Kenya hand embroider the designs then shipped back to the HQ. All proceeds go back to the tribe to sustain their culture and lifestyle. Pikolinos is environmentally and socially conscious brand of comfort shoes.
  3. Chelsea Market: The Filling Station, is exactly that. You fill up your reusable bottle with their olive oils or vinegar and salt.
  4. Stumptown Roasters Brooklyn: i once stayed in the same building as the cafe and really liked their coffee.
  5. Mint M&Ms. Bring. Them. Up North.
  6. Walked by a Myers of Keswick selling UK products: Walkers Crisps! 
  7. Sigh I swear i thought I would stay away from Time Sq. but followed cousin to M&M store where I made an overprice purchase of personalized M&Ms.
  8. Trader's Joe: Preserve toothbrush, finish and mail back (with paid postage) to the company.
  9. M&Ms in cool colors.
  10. Footsie, finally found those socks that make you look barefoot.
  11. Brooklyn, Wisconsin.
Check:

No comments:

Post a Comment