6.10.12

----- Threadless Love Gap Kids -----

TAH DAH! Final design. Vote "Ring Around the Earth," to help it get printed on Threadless!


There was a 50 Million loto draw this week and I'm more anxious for this to win. The theme is Gap Kids. Drawing from my research instinct, since the target includes kids, the design needs to be simple and straightforward, funny and adorable. I decided immediately to not use any text, even though the design is open for the adult t-shirts, toddlers still won't be able to read (or want to).

I went through several ideas and scrapped a few that didn't hold well for the theme albeit still funny and cute. I went through nursery rhymes and  "Ring Around the Rosie" came up and an idea sparked! A space/solar system concept is gender neutral; kids can identify the characters and learn about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment