14.12.11

----- Fairs -----

I attended both Puces Pop and Souk@SAT, and both were equally exhilarating and fun. I didn't make any large purchases or a cornucopia of jewelery. One wooden pencil holder and a bracelet were enough to satisfy my design tooth (I will try to uploads pictures of them). The venues are as unique as the many handmade offered. Puces Pop has been housed in a church basement, nostalgic as my elementary school's auditorium: chipped paint and mint-green walls; fits the feel of the market and the artists. Meanwhile, over at the Souk, the SAT is now two floors and is architecturally modern and pretty. Concrete walls and floors fill the space with a copious amount of windows to share. The decor is more updated and minimalist, so are the vendors. There were a few repeated vendors at both fairs but it was understandable. The following are a few artists/designers that I remember from the business cards I picked up:

Besotted
Blisscraftandbrazen
Lafirme
Heidi Barkun
Gordie Ishizuka
June Designs
Oyeloria by Josephine

(cheated: picture from previous Puces Pop.)



chair by lafirme: loving the bookmark inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment