3.11.11

Back! A whirlwind adventure of speed-walking through Europe had took over my last 30 days. France, Italy, Turkey, England, and Scotland were my new besties. They are the most welcoming hosts, and I made a promise to them that I'll be paying them a visit again in the future, if fortunate, before I hit 30. I went from reading and seeing famous attractions on tv and books to looking at them in front my eyes: Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, Louvre, Blue Mosque, Big Ben, Duomo(s), etc. You try hard to resist being a cliched tourist, visiting dull and overrated attractions, but when the moment comes, you truly forget why you try so hard. Takes your breath away at times. I certainly went, "woah" multiple of times to myself, out loud, alone. Museums were plentiful. Orsay, Louvre, Tate's Modern, V & A, Uffizi. Witnessed masterpieces by grand masters. Learnt how MUCH I have forgotten from college, quite shameful and sad. I also never hiked so much in my life. Good for my thighs though, bad for my back. Italy's hills, Turkey's hills and Scotland's hills have nothing on my toner thighs, numbed big toes. Everyone alway says backpacking is synonymous with our 20s. Just have to do it at least once. And I couldn't agree more, you go once and you know a lifetime why that is.

Hopefully I'll quickly sort out my post-travel dramas and post pictures here. I'm trying to figure out the best solution to display images without the whole internet what-not owning your property. Stay tune, be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment