6.8.11



----- Models Really Do Eat! -----

What's happening in Montreal? This week was started with the Fashion and Design Festival, aka, Festival Mode et Design on McGill College. Every year around the end of summer, the city closes off this strip of downtown whose streetscape I'm particularly fond of. (McGill College is a strange little street that stretches from the entrance of the McGill University Campus to the enigmatic Ville Marie structure that houses a nightclub, office space, and a mall that people forget it exists.) I find its wide sidewalks, trees, water fountain and occasional outdoor photography exhibitions quite adoring; plus, is it just me, but I like to purposely walk up and down this street during hot summer days because of the wind-tunnel like breeze that penetrate the area.

I'm not a big fan of this festival, but in Montreal, it's always a pleasure to see the people coming together for an event. This year seems more elaborated and bigger, which is good progression because I feel this event always starts off sad (like our Montreal Fashion Week). Basically, the festival celebrates fashion by welcoming nice outdoor runways, with copious DJs planted around the shopping district; allowing giantesque-long-legs women to come out of hiding; and helping Montrealers realize Montrealers really do dress well.

With my DLSR in hand, I tried to fulfill my fantasy of being a backstage fashion photographer/fashion blogger/fashion headhunter and took pictures of the models or merely tall, pretty people who were mistaken for models because, really, during this, you'll notice any tall person or thing.


One venti model please, with non-fat milk.

Do all models smoke? Like do all chefs smoke? Like do all artists smoke? Why so common?

Next round of models for the next showing.

I love their style. And shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment