11.8.11

----- I <3 Infographics -----

I'm going to tell you why I love infographics. It possesses all stimulating aspect of graphic design. The designer would require to pull out almost every trick they own and know in: typography, graphics, illustration, organization of information, text, colour—wait. You aren't sure what infographics are? Simply, they are a collection of data that has been reformatted in a visually arranged system to communicate facts and info to you; in an order that's not haphazardly thrown on the floor to let you sort them out. Aren't we considerate? In Off Book's documentary on typography, which I blogged before, the duo designer, Julia Vakser and Deroy Peraza, brought up infographics and about Good. I went on it, I've seen their stuff in and around design magazines. My goodness, it was exciting. You do not understand. The infographic(ally) designed articles were organized in cohesive formats, using visual tricks and tools. Auugh, delicious.

Good.Is

See the arrangement of the graphics, text, colours are done so well to keep your eyes happy. Data is already boring and having to read it without visual aid would not be a joyful ride.

I adore this way of explaining typography, click on the source to see more.

source


No comments:

Post a Comment