27.6.10

"Work of Art completely mimics that other reality show, Project Runway. But I am sorry to say that making a dress is not the same as making a piece of art."


At last I was able to catch a full hour of Work of Art. Needless to say, just as I expected. Like any souless reality show, it's painfully unwatchable. The only thing that encouraged me to stay on the channel was that it helped me rewind time and reminiscent my art & design classes. Though, may I add, if the show were to turn its direction to design (graphic, furniture, interior, product) or architecture, due to their rather closer relationship to the business-side of art, the show could be plausible and believable.

The following link is a review by artist Ross Bleckner. He's far more articulate than I am.

Bravo's Work of Art is a Bust





No comments:

Post a Comment